I love this salad in the summertime when tomatoes are in season. I am a firm believer in food seasonality and in winter I want a tomato salad so bad but know that it will taste awful because the tomatoes in the grocery stores are tasteless and mushy. So In summer I eat as many tomatoes as I can and I am always looking for new ways to enjoy them. You can add any type of lettuce to this salad and make a full meal of it with some good bread or serve it as a side as it is. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- Cherry tomatoes ( as little or as much as you like)
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1 ball of Mozzarella Cheese, sliced into rounds
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Basil leaves ( as much or as little as you like), chopped or whole
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar
- Slice half of the cherry tomatoes into rounds and the other half lengthwise.
- Place tomato slices on a serving plate, alternating with slices of cheese. Top with the cherry tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with bread and extra balsamic vinegar and olive oil on the side.