Roast chick peas are are a healthy, delicious snack that is easy to make. If you roast them perfectly, they are crunchy on the outside, but have a somewhat creamy texture inside. The best thing about them is that you can customize them to your taste. The recipe below contains smoked paprika, cumin, and garlic – but you can add any spices or herbs you like!
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 with a roasting pan on the middle rack
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Dry the chickpeas. You can rub them between paper towels, discarding the skin.
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil and salt
- Put chickpeas in the hot roasting pan, and bake for 18-20 minutes shaking the pan once or twice to move the chickpeas around.
- Remove the chickpeas, place in a medium bowl, and toss in your spices and garlic.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Let them cool just a bit, and enjoy.
As mentioned above, you can use any spice/herb combo you want! They are actually great simply tossed in salt. You can cook them a little longer for a crunchier texture, or a little less if you like them creamier.